Saturday, June 4, 2016

Mohammed Ali Dead at Age 74

The big news is the passing of Mohammed Ali.
I remember when he was Cassius Clay and his conversion when he changed his name.

I also remember when he won the championship for the third time.

He and Howard Cosell always played off each other enhancing their respective images. Howard's been gone for a while but to me I can't think about one without thinking about the other.

The whole thing about the draft is what I find interesting though. Seeing as how so many democrats and liberals are coming out of the woodwork now to honor a guy who was found guilty of draft evasion. They seem to forget that it was democrats that were conscripting men against their will to fight a war that democrats had no intention of winning.
So basically democrats cost him his title and forced him to go to the Supreme Court to defend himself from having his freedom stripped away and sent over seas to become a moving target for a fickle foreign policy.

Whatever his reasons standing up against the democrat party that considers the citizens of this country property to do with as they please is a legacy I can stand behind.

No comments: