Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Snooze?

I suppose the title is a little unfair seeing as how the ratings for Super Bowl 51 was still pretty huge but not as big as a few years ago.

I used to be a pretty big fan of the NFL mostly because I grew up watching it, my Dad was a fan and the games would be on every Sunday at our house until the year he died (1975).
I remember the first Super Bowl and most afterwards but to tell you the truth I lost interest over the last few years. The preening, vacuous announcers and sports media was annoying enough before they decided to become social justice warriors but now they have become insufferable.

From Costas' gun rant to the made up controversy over the Washington Redskins I'm just tired of getting a lecture with my leisure activity.

One of the indicators of how far the Super Bowl has fallen has got to be that the most buzz on social medias was about the half time show. All the anticipation by the leftards of Lady Gags's epic tear down of Donald Trump.

Which didn't happen. Of course that hasn't stopped unhinged lefty's from scouring the performance looking for something....anything to point to to validate their expectations that Gaga would sympathize with their hate.

Actually the half time show wasn't bad and I'm happy for that. Her national anthem performance at Super Bowl 2016 was pretty good.


So maybe there is some hope that before I die the NFL can go back to becoming a pleasant diversion from politics and the pressures of our lives and entertainers can go back to entertaining.

Wouldn't that be something?

No comments: